Mince, onion and Gravy – Recipe
So today I am going to talk about a firm favourite of mind on a cold wintery night mince, onion and gravy a cheap cheerful dinner which could be made in advance if needed.
You will need to follow the ingredients for servings of 4 well-portioned size plates but this could change depending on how much each person wants.
- 450g of mince (any % but I used 23% for added flavour)
- 1 large onion or 2 small ones
- 1 Oxo/beef stock cube
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- gravy granules
So, as you can tell, there aren’t many ingredients to make this simple but delicious meal with some of the items you may already have in your food cupboard.
- Add the mince to a deep-sided pan over a medium heat
- Brown the mince and keep moving it with a spoon
- Add the onions to the mince and let them soften
- Add the beef and vegetable stock cube to the pan with a little bit of hot bottled water
- Then add some instant gravy granules to thicken the gravy
- You will need to add some more water occasionally especially when you leave it on the hob
So that is it then add this to your favourite veg of your choice and some potatoes of course. I always cook this recipe and leave it to simmer on the hob for a little bit for added flavour.