Sausage and bean stew recipe
This easy stew is a winning combination of healthy and filling ingredients.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
- Sausages (I used Richmond)
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g Passata
- 1 tin of mixed beans
- 100g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high or use the air fryer to cook the sausages, turning occasionally until they’re thoroughly cooked.
- While the sausages are cooking heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the passata, mixed beans, potatoes, mixed herbs and pepper to the pan. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- You may need to add a little bit of water to the pan